Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaBloPoMo 9: Make a Wish

A few days back was 11:11 on 11/11/11, and the world went nuts. I'm one of those suckers who loves making wishes on 11:11, not only because I think that if there's even the slightest chance it could work, why not try it? I also believe that if you spend two minutes a day concentrating on what you want, what you really want, and focusing on it and how wonderful it would be if those things were to happen, well then those two minutes weren't really wasted.

Granted, if you just wish to win the lottery all the time, you probably won't get much out of it.

But focusing on dreams and goals is always a good thing, and keeping them in the forefront of your mind helps keep you motivated and always aware of your true desires.

Once I realized I wanted to go to Korea, I wished for that. Sometimes I wish for other people, depending on how they're doing. Sometimes I whisper my 11:11 wish as fast as I can, to cram as much in as possible. Mostly I wish to get published, to write full time and live a long, fulfilling life as a traveller. A lot of the time I also wish to find that soulmate type who will love me and who I love back.

Typical wishes, I think. The desire to find someone to love, something to do, and aspirations to reach is part of the human condition, I think. So is the hope, even if it's silly, that wishing on a star, or a certain time of day, will help us fulfill our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment