Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaBloPoMo 12: Adulthood

Prompt: When is the moment you leave childhood and enter adulthood?

Gratuitous quote: And that is the story of how Tristan became a boy. But this is not the story of how Tristan became a boy. This is the story of how Tristan became a man, a different task altogether.

Neil Gaiman wrote that better, and the actor who played Magneto (whose name I shamefully don't remember) said it better. Still, the fact remains that becoming an adult is tough business.

But I don't necessarily buy into "becoming an adult." The word adult fills my mind with horrific notions of a life without laughter, a life burdened with too many responsibilities, of sweating every day to fit into a mold you may or may not buy into. You know the mold I'm talking about. 2.5 kids, steady job in a *gulp* cubicle, husband or wife that you mildly like, expensive house and car to show off to your neighbors. A poofy poodle skirt and dinner on the table at six.

Anyways, that all gives me the heeby-jeebies, so let's listen to a song:



Man, I love that song.

Oh. Adults? What?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out if I ever want to be an adult. Shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment