Friday, November 25, 2011

NaBloPoMo 16: Luck

Prompt: What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?

I feel like I have to be careful answering this question, because I might seem self-deprecating if I say something like "getting into NU." Of course I feel like I deserved that admission letter, but I still feel lucky as hell.

Luckiest thing that ever happened to me?

Hmmmm.

In the recent past, I was lucky to get an invitation to go to a middle school concert. Hear me out. See, I was visiting my dad in Texas, and his coworker, who is insanely awesome, invited me to her son's concert. I shrugged and said sure, and we left. Afterwards, she introduced me to her coworker, who was an English professor. This coworker asked me what my post-college plans were, and I mentioned the teaching abroad idea that I'd just discovered the day before. Turns out one of her students was already here in Korea on her third year. She hooked us up over facebook, and that's all she wrote.

So, I'm here in Korea because I got invited to a middle school band concert.

Lucky as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment