Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaBloPoMo 14: Happiness

Prompt: What has been the happiest moment of your life thus far?

I'm really starting to hate these prompts, for the record.

When I read the third Harry Potter book and I realized there was a spell that required you to use a strong, happy memory, I thought very hard about this. My mind drew a blank. Ever since then, I've been on the lookout for happy moments, and I've taken the liberty of posting them below:

1) When I got accepted into my dream school.
2) The morning I finished the rough draft of my first book.
3) The day I performed at state for solo ensemble.
4) My first time reading each Harry Potter book.
5) Road tripping to Wisconsin with two of my best friends.
6) Graduating from my dream school, and seeing Stephen Colbert speak at my graduation. Also singing I'm Yours with my friend while we lined up before graduation.
7) Hearing certain music for the first time (I know, this sounds super ambiguous, but the feeling I get listening to certain songs for the first time is inexplicably wonderful.)

I can't narrow it down, and I'm missing some, I'm sure. But these memories are the best I can think of right now, and trust me, they're pretty great.

Whatever. I answered the dumbass prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment