Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo 3: Writing and Music

I'm drained. I'm done. No, it's not this posting every day thing. It's packing. I'll be whining considerably until it's over (tomorrow night or Friday in the wee hours of the morning), so I'll make this post as quick and painless as possible.

Today's prompt is all about music. Do you write with music? What have you listened to lately?

This subject is very near and dear to my heart because I started out as a music major in college. I've written music related to my characters (though not as conspicuously book-ish as wizard wrock), and I sing and play guitar. I'm addicted to music like a lot of women are addicted to chocolate. Trust me, guys. That's saying something.

So yes, I write with music. I had a playlist for chapter 13-15 of Animus when I was writing it, because it was exponentially darker and emotional than the rest of the book. I had so much hard rock and depressing music, it's unbelievable. Not that I don't normally love hard rock. It was just a bit of an overdose.

My favorite artists are probably Ingrid Michaelson, Julia Nunes, Florence and the Machine, and Linkin Park. Mind you, I also love Regina Spektor, Glen Hansard, Incubus, Owl City, Death Cab for Cutie, and Amanda Palmer. I just know the aforementioned bands much better. If they have a new CD, I'm committed to it, just because I'm usually sure I'll like it.

Anyways, I'm starting to rant. Here's a music video of one of my newer loves, Laura Marling. I can't stop listening to this, so I hope you enjoy it:



My favorite line is, "I want to be held by those arms." This song begs a short story. I swear it does.

Also, my fourth post will probably late, and from Asia. Apologies ahead of time. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment