Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo 2: Last Meal

As most of my faithful readers know, I'm heading to South Korea for a year. This means I'm quite prepared to answer today's prompt: If you knew whatever you ate would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

No, I'm not equating this move to death. It's going to rock. But I know I'm going to miss my American food favorites, so in the past few months I've been making sure to hit up the food I love most so I don't get too depressed when I can't find it in Korea.

But, as I wrote yesterday, I can never narrow it down. So let's do top three meals:

1) Chocolate Oreo Shake, dipped Italian beef sandwich with hot peppers, and blue cheese fries. Don't knock it till you try it.

2) Mofongo, fried pork, and a Malta India. Last summer (2010), I spent a month eating this, and I never once got sick of it. It's plantains smashed up with garlic and pig skin. It's a little crispy, a little savory, and a teensy bit sweet. The fried pork is super crispy, but sooo good. Malta India tastes like a mix between a coke and a beer. It took me a while to warm up to it, but then I got addicted. Definitely an acquired taste, but worth the effort of acquiring.

3) This is tough. I think fajitas could trump pizza, especially if there's guac and they're well made. But the deliciousness of a deep dish pesto pizza from Edwardos must not be underrated. We'll call it a tie.

Alright. I'm off to pack, which is turning out to be an impossible task. I think I'd rather eat black olives and pickles (two of my least favorite foods). Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment