Monday, November 21, 2011

NaBloPoMo 15: Passion Project?

Prompt: Are you pursuing a passion project?

Answer: Yes.

New topic: Teaching

I'm starting to settle into my schedule as a teacher, even though I've yet to receive my alien card or get a foreign bank account. Planning is becoming MUCH easier, which is great considering how much I stressed out over it initially. I get along well with most of my students, and I think they understand that I mean business. Unfortunately, today I had to yell at one of my younger students, and I hated it. He later told the co-teacher that another student wasn't acting mature enough in class (he said "baby" for the record), but I can't help but feel that his excuse wasn't good enough. I was really upset by his complete lack of respect and awareness in class, especially considering how respectful my worst students are.

I do love teaching, despite that rant. My job has its pros and cons, but at the end of the day I've got a pretty sweet deal. I'll feel better once I have my first paycheck, though. Right now I feel like I'm on a glorified vacation (though I'm sure some haters would agree with that title). Once I have a steady income, then I know I'll have that grown up, independent feeling.

Also I'm craving Chipotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment