Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spilling Ink: Day 1

So as I'm sure you know, I suck at keeping up with this blog. I've tried. Dear god, I've tried. I have about 5 drafts on topics ranging from byronic heroes to the perfect summer, but none of them made it to the actual blog. Obviously.

I just came across this post on Twitter, a challenge, if you will, to write a blog post every single day of June. Spilling ink. Maybe good things will come from it, but at the very least you'll be entertained. I hope.

So here goes, 30 straight days of bloggage. It'll definitely be an eventful 30 days. I need to write three papers, take a final, pack up my stuff, finalize apartment papers, fix the financial aid mess, move some of my stuff into my apartment for next year, drive to Milwaukee, dejunk everything, pack for Texas, shop for Puerto Rico and Florida, exercise, GO to Texas, and collapse. Not in that order.

Good god. I had no idea I had so damn much to do. That's not even counting my number one goal at all times: Make writing progress. Oy.

Today is the last meeting for No Strangers to Fiction, my writing group here on campus. It's just a party, but it's my last day as "president." I put that in quotes because it's always a group effort. But still. My friend Liz and I created it, and so many great things happened as a result. I'm going to miss being "president," and don't even get me started on how much I'm going to miss it when I graduate next year.

I'll post eventually on Dillo Day, but let me just say how painful and awesome it was! Awesome dominated the majority of the day, and painful kicked in the next morning when I realized how ineffective SPF 50 can get. But more on that later.

For now, I've got to work on Epic Paper Number 1, due Thursday. The Wasteland.

See you tomorrow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment