Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Monster (AKA Chapter 10)

I finished editing chapter nine based on the notes of a friend (hard to do with the randomness of it, but I guess finals week took priority, haha) and sent it off to another friend, whose notes will hopefully be more legible (NOTE: despite my anal retentiveness based off of the your/you're mistake, I don't know the difference between whose and who's). 

Once I was done with that, it was almost like a springboard effect had happened, and I jumped into Chapter ten full speed ahead. I was pretty excited, until I'd been at it for almost the whole day and I realized how little I'd done to it. The chapter went from 9 pages to 13 very quickly, but it still feels empty, full of gaping holes, and I really, really don't know what to do about it. 

Remember the conversations I abhor so much? That's what's missing. Two to three intense confrontations may blow it up to 20+ pages. Over 23 and I might go crazy. UGH. It's making Chapter 8 look like a docile baby (ch 8 is the one I wrote, rewrote, and expanded by about ten pages), and that was enough stress in and of itself. 

Maybe I'm blowing this all out of proportion, but really, how the hell am I supposed to know what centuries-old vampires say when they're pissed off? 

I guess I'll just make it up and hope it sounds convincing (pinnacle of writing career right there).

Today was an intense writing day, though. Put chapter nine in the binder, and have officially run out of those little plastic paper holder alternatives to three hole punching each and every sheet of paper... yeah. Those things. I took out my "Advice on Novel Writing" article (AKA writing BIBLE) and plan on rereading it for the first time in a year. That should be exciting and time consuming. (NOTE: The Binder is a huge huge white binder where I store all of my stuff (fresh drafts, old drafts, notes, plans, articles, pictures) in a semi-organized fashion.) 

The thing is that even though I made a LOT of headway, I still feel... well... I feel like a bum. Usually people tell me I'm acting like a bum when I don't feel like it. If I feel like it, something MUST be wrong. I'm getting all sad and lazy, staying in the house instead of chilling with friends. To be quite honest, this summer is getting almost as depressing as last school year which, if you were there, you know, was pretty rough. What do I do to make it better? No car, no bike, little money. 

:( 

I'll just finish the book and THEN have a life. No? Ok, I say we get drunk, because I'm all out of ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Kira!!

    I've been reading your past few entries and I think its amazing that you have made it to chapter 10! I could never write a book..that's probably because I can never think of much to write about. I once had an awesome dream and thought it would be a good idea for a book..but I only got about 3 pages down of what I remembered about the dream, then got writers block (>_<)

    Anywhoo Adrian said that he thinks you play WOW...do you? If so tell me about it..maybe post something on my blog..which is about WOW lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that you play, but that sucks that its going to cost you that much to start again...do you have the lich king?

    Yeah I have a friend from PA the guy I said who bought me the lich king who pretty much forced me into starting again lol..

    But yeah I'll have to look up more about the meeting ppl thing..I know about blizcon..which would be awesome to go to one day..and I know some people who play that are married..but im pretty sure they didnt meet on WOW..ill look more into it and add it to my next entry..thanks for the idea :)

    im def going to talk about how ppl now assume girl characters on the game are boys until you tell them your not..and how even then they might not believe you lol..and how girls are NOT put down for playing which is nice..great you started the ball rolling!!

    ReplyDelete