Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crazy stuff, man. Crazy stuff (Pride Fest and other awesome sexy things)

So I went to pride fest yesterday, and it was definitely something I'd call an experience. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here. 

Due to some people mistaking "Pride fest" as a celebration of the movie "Lion King," let me clarify. Pride fest is a festival for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender members of the Milwaukee area to come together and celebrate their affinity for... each other. And sex. 

Did I mention sex? 

Well, I know this may seem completely unrelated to Morgantown, however I got a lot of inspiration from the various drag queens and kings (do drag kings exist?), and believe that sometime later in my writing career I'll explain exactly how Pride Fest has influenced my book. 

OK, partially now. Mostly, it was the chaos. It was complete and utter chaos. For my NU peeps, just picture Dance Marathon, but with alcohol (lots and lots of alcohol), twice the people, half the space. Don't forget the horny atmosphere. Everyone is obsessed with showing how much they love each other's faces, souls, bodies, breasts, penises, vaginas, hands... 

By the end of the night, everyone had hooked up and in the quieter areas, couples in the midst of rocking the boat completely dominated their respective territories. Very bestial. Very hot. Very lusty.

Haha, so it definitely influenced Morgantown, and a scene that I plan on putting in one of the upcoming chapters (not telling which, but I'm working on chapter 10. Still.), so be on the lookout for the above atmosphere. I think I'll be extending that particular scene in the hopes that it will be good. 

I hope most of what I write is good, haha. Sometimes that doesn't work so well, but I guess that's the beauty and mystery (frustration and horror) of writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment