Monday, April 19, 2010

Quarter System

It sucks to be on the quarter system.

No, really. It's the most depressing thing in the world to be working on midterms as your friends gab on facebook about how many weeks until summer vacation.

Weeks, people.

I'm just about ready to tear my hair out in anticipation of my amazing summer, but today especially, I feel like there's so much standing between me and freedom.

Which is not to say that I'm completely defeated. No, despite the hormonal Chicago weather, the mountain of reading and papers, and teachers who talk to hear the sound of their own voice, I will survive. I will trudge through, and cling to the little things.

And the not so little things, like the wonderful Saturday coming up in which REGINA SPEKTOR is coming to campus.

You heard me. REGINA EFFING SPEKTOR!

I love her. If you don't, watch this video, and then you will:


As this dreary quarter rolls past, I cling to the crazy (but inspiring) songs of Regina, and I cannot wait until she comes to campus.

Other than that, there's not much to say about my life. I'm trying to learn to be funny (though I've yet to make it to a meeting... yes, it's because I'm a wuss). I'm working on the book (despite the rejections that pour in from all sides), and I'm writing the second one (which is WAY more fun than revising the first).

Oh yeah. My weight loss goals. I'm trying to lose weight for my friend's wedding (well, more using the momentous occasion as the catalyst for something I've been attempting for a while), and this involves heavy gym-age, a lot less sweets, and my hesitant (albeit exciting) enrollment in a belly-dancing course. Yeah. We'll see how this turns out, as my first class is on Thursday. You'll be hearing from me, if I live to tell the tale.

Hope your week is more sunny than mine is here in Chicago!

1 comment: