Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hard Decisions, Rainy Days, and Cool People

Things have happened!

1) It's raining. Not in a fun "let's go dance in the rain" way. No. There is rain, wind, and cold. Cold. I do not like "cold wet things" (Kudos to people who get the Twilight Movie reference there), so today was pretty much a bust in terms of weather. It's ok though, because I spent a while in Kafein writing, and I had appropriate Rainy Day Music. Rainy Day Music, you say? Do explain. By all means. Here:





I'm pretty sure that's more than enough videos to keep you occupied. You get the picture.

2) Today I made a relatively difficult choice regarding my writing. I haven't told everyone about it yet, but I think it's for the best. The book that I'm trying to get published right now, Morgantown, is part of a series. Though it can stand alone, I've sort of always known that there would be AT LEAST two more books in my protagonist's story. As of now, there are three more. I've been working on the second one while trying to get the first one published, but as of today, I'm going to put it away into a little folder on my desktop for a while.

Why?

Because the plot is still going crazy, the way the first book's went before I was ACTUALLY ready to write it, and the first one isn't published OR polished yet. It still may change, though I don't know how much, and why should I be writing the sequel when I'm still not even sure about the first?

I'm not giving up. I'm just giving myself some time to grow as a writer. I think I've got my hands on the beginnings of a new project, and I'm very excited about that, but Morgantown will always be there. I'll finish it eventually.

3) I mentioned frustration and nerves in my last blog post, and I have to say here and now that all of that worrying was for naught. Seriously, I was freaking out for no reason. Basically, the lunch went great and I think I made a new writing friend (who may or may not be reading this now. Hi, if you are!). It was awesome, albeit a little surreal, to meet someone who I met on twitter.

Meeting super-cool-author made me lament all the cool people I know on twitter but might not get a chance to meet in real life. Sigh. I love twitter. And the digital community of writers. Speaking of, if you're looking for a writing community, and you write young adult, check out YAlitchat. SO MUCH helpful feedback. SO MANY cool people.

Alright, I'm off to work on my shiny new book idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment