Friday, April 23, 2010

Beautiful Creatures, Date Night, and Publishing stuff?


Stuff is happening!

1) I finally bought Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I've heard nothing but positive reviews, and if twitter is even half-right, this book is spreading through the YA nation like wildfire. Am I stoked? Is the pope Catholic?

Yeah.

2) Tonight, instead of working (apparently I had my schedule wrong), I went to Chipotle (which was SO good!) and saw Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. The two actors are so amazing normally that I assumed the movie would simply exude crazyawesomesexyfunniness. I was not mistaken, dear friends.

Unfortunately, this will probably lead me to quote a few lines for the next few months, and really, they're not funny out of context.

Oh well.

At least I'll have a few good laughs, right?

3) I'm frustrated. It's sort of a long story, but I'll try to shorten it up for the sake of my beauty sleep. The publishing world gods have smiled upon me, and tomorrow I get the chance to talk to a mega-cool, soon-to-be-published author. This is not the cause of my frustration. What's frustrating is that usually I'm a big huge ball of questions. It's ridiculous. And now? I got nothing.

I have no idea what to ask her, and I'm afraid of sounding like a moron and making a bad impression. I've sort of been meeting writers on the internet for a long time, but to actually meet someone in person? Well, I just hope I don't act like TOO much of an idiot.

Alright, peeps. I'm heading to bed (or to start Beautiful Creatures. Who knows?)

No comments:

Post a Comment