Friday, August 7, 2009

Research

I'll level with you guys. Usually my research is limited to web MD and wikipedia, but the other day I had to ask a professional. 

This wouldn't have happened normally, I assure you, but my friend was reckless and needed a few band aids, so we stopped by the fire department where one of our friendly firemen/paramedics fished a band (or three) from the ambulance. 

While he did said harrowing task, I proceeded to interrogate him on certain medical procedures on certain medical injuries. 

Yes, I know. I'm being vague. I don't want to ruin it for those reading my book, though I'm sure that everyone can deduct that someone at some time gets hurt. But I hope my readers already knew that something like that would happen to at least one character... 

But who knows? I could pull a Tolkein and kill off everyone save for my six main characters, or I could pull a Rowling and save everyone except for my six main characters. 

Ok, exaggeration, but you get the gist of it; I'm unpredictable! Just cause I'm a sucker for happy endings don't mean I won't go all Hamlet on your asses :D 

With lasers :) 

Ok, definitely not with lasers. You can all safely rule that out. 

Now that I'm positive that I'm ranting, I'm going to do the honorable thing and end this blog post. 

OH 

I might stop writing on this blog- once I finish the book I'm going LiveJournal. I already have an account, and I like the way I can manage comments/layouts/settings on it better. So I'll post a link once I'm ready to switch. 

Thanks for reading this incredibly long/mostly pointless post!

No comments:

Post a Comment