Thursday, September 16, 2010

My last first writing date of the year

Today I'm going to my first writing date of the year. I'm really excited, but a little nervous as well. All the projects I've started have just kind of fallen apart, and now I feel like I'm floating around, clinging to my werewolves with all my might. I guess we'll just see how it goes, shall we?

What kind of commitment do you commit to a new writing idea, and how far do you pursue it before letting go of it for a new project? Are there any demands you make on that idea (a certain amount of passion or spark from it)?

I'm asking these questions, mostly because I don't know my personal answers to them. I should be able to answer them by now in theory, because I've pursued ideas to the last word and then some, and I've abandoned ideas in the first breath.

Right now I feel like the lamest writer in the world, right next to-- oh. I'm not going to bash authors online. Not even dead ones, or legitimately bad ones. Bad karma, and all that jazz. Oh, and it's not very nice at all. Consider THAT the lesson of today, because it's all I've got.

Listening to: "Parachute" by Ingrid Michaelson (amazing song! Go download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment