Friday, March 26, 2010

Texas

It's strange how sweet a place is once you've been absent for a long time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something like that.

I'm in Texas right now, enjoying (slightly) warmer weather than Chicago, and even though I'm up painfully early, life is good. I've been eating good Mexican food, God-honest BBQ, and WAY too much Starbucks. Such is life with my dad. He's a caffeine addict, to the extreme.

I spent a little time up in Denton with my friend Laura (who just happens to be getting married soon, WAZA!), and I had a blast being girly. It's something I haven't done in a while, and it was just what the doctor prescribed. A day at the spa (don't over-fantasize it, because it was definitely a nail salon), a nice Italian restaurant, shopping at an outdoor mall, and getting a home-cooked meal. Basically amazing.

Did I mention the anime? It's a series I'm now obsessed with, called "Devil May Cry." It's about a half demon who slices bad demons in half with his SIX FOOT LONG SWORD. He's a badass.

Did I mention the puppy? A four year old pug, Paco won my heart (even though I'd met him before). He is not a badass though, haha.

Alright, since I posted on my dilemma about summer plans, I wanted to give you all a quick update: California hiking and Delaware sailing are out. Puerto Rico wedding and Florida Keys wedding are IN.

Yes, you heard it first here, my dad is getting married. It feels weird and awkward, but his fiance seems nice enough and if he's happy, I'm happy. As long as she doesn't turn out similarly to Snow White's step mom, if you know what I mean.

So I'll be spending a month (I'm thinking optimistically, here) in Puerto Rico, then run back to Texas for a week or so. Then it's off to Florida for the weekend (Maybe longer? I have to check with people)! Palm trees, my 21st birthday, and walking down the aisle (not MY aisle, per say. Just AN aisle). Sounds pretty sweet if you ask me.

My only problem? I'm afraid my attention hog tendencies will kick in, and the bride should not have to deal with a Leo on her wedding day. I'll try to keep it down, though.

New post coming soon, probably to rant about spring classes (in either a good or bad light... we'll see).

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. The plans are good! Puerto Rico and the Florida Keys. Sounds nice :)

    Also, I'm sad because you haven't called me back. I had to watch Supernatural without you. It wasn't as much fun :(

    Other than that though, I'm glad Te-has is glorious :)

    ReplyDelete