Saturday, October 2, 2010

Short Stories are awesome

I suck at bloggage. It's just that my life went from 0-60 in about .5 seconds, so I haven't had much time to breathe, much less write, much less blog about writing.

But stuff has happened in my life:

1) I'm ahead in my reading. WTF? When did I turn into an overachiever? Oh yeah. Senior year, when I realized that college ends in June.

2) I'm a SENIOR! This means real life (for better or worse) is just around the bend. Any ideas for my post-grad existence, please let me know, because I am freaking out about it.

3) I have about twenty short story ideas. Ok, more like ten, but still. It's a lot. I'm working on one right now that should be done by the end of next week. Then I'll edit it and let my wonderful writer friends read it!

4) It's not that I don't love my new WIP, CRASH. It's just that I love MORGANTOWN more, and I have to rewrite it/edit the beginning before I query more agents. I don't want to give up or admit defeat just yet.

5) October started, which means that the best month of the year is happening right now. I'm eating a pumpkin muffin as I type this now, and I can't get enough of autumn. If anyone knows about some good haunted houses or pumpkin patches and corn mazes in the Chicago area, let me know. I'm so ready for Halloween it's not even funny.

That's about it for now, but I hope to post some juicier stuff soon. Hope everyone is writing their hearts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment